Sunday, May 24, 2015

April 2015 BirchBox Canada

After really liking last month's BirchBox, I was so excited to see that this month's had arrived! Let's take a peek inside!



This box contained:
  • A 60ml sample of Beaver Professional Hydro Nutritive Moisturizing Shampoo
  • A 40ml sample of Beaver Professional Hydro Nutritive Repairing Conditioner
  • A 30ml sample of BeeKind Shower Gel
  • A 4mL sample of Jelly Pong Pong Glow Getter Highlighter
  • A 12ml sample of Mereadesso All-in-One Moisturizer
After a great box last month, this month was completely underwhelming...

Let's start with the positives....and there aren't many. The Rifle & Co. Box is beautiful! It is so springy! The scent of the shower gel is nicely lemon-scented. It will be a nice, refreshing scent to use in the morning. The highlight is nicer than I thought it would be. It is easy to apply and looks nice on my fair skin.

On to the negatives...I really don't like receiving foil samples in these boxes. I know that they put an effort to make the packaging on the moisturizer resealable, but it's still not a lot of product to try out. I really don't like that the shampoo and conditioner count as two separate products. I feel like they are a set and should count as one...having 40% of the products in the box from the same brand is not good variety. I am disappointed that so many of my products are shower type products and that so few are make-up and skin care. Overall, I just find this box to be quite boring and lacking any sort of innovation. I am especially disappointed, because compared to other boxes that I have seen this month, I feel like I was just given the leftover products.

I contacted BirchBox to let them know how I felt and received kind of a generic response. I am strongly thinking of cancelling this subscription. I'm going to give it one more month.

If you are interested in subscribing to BirchBox click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment