Monday, August 3, 2015

Empties & Reviews

Body Products:


 1. Dove Pistachio Cream with magnolia Nourishing Body Wash:
I really like this! It goes on sale for cheap at Shopper''s Drug Mart and it leaves my skin feeling so moisturized. It is my all time fav body wash! Did I mention that is smells divine? I have a few back-ups!

2. Gillette Satin Car Ultra Sensitive Shave Gel:
I'm not picky when it comes to shaving creams or gel. This one did the trick! I got it in a multi-pack at Costco. I have since bought another multi-pack

3. The Body Shop Body Butters in Mango & Early-Harvest Raspberry:
Body Butters are my favorite moisturizers! These two scents are both fantastic! Mango is on of my all-time favorites and I had been dying to try the Raspberry scent, which was also delicious for summertime! Both were a hit with me! I have repurchased these body butters so many times and will continue to do so.

4. Peter Thomas Roth Anti-aging Cleansing Gel:
I got this as the Sephora Birthday Gift and liked it okay. It was the first product that I used from this brand. I didn't think that it was anything special, and would not buy the full-size.

5. Beauty Protector Body Cleanser:
I got this in a BirchBox and it smells divine! Actually all of the products that I have tried from this line smell the same. They all have a sweet vanilla scent that takes me back to my junior high days, haha. A win in my books! I would buy the full size if I came across it for a decent price.

6. Whish Body Butter in Almond:
This smelled sweeter than I would have liked, but it was nice and moisturizing. I wouldn't buy the full-size. 

7. Bee Kind Shower Gel:
I also received this from my Birchbox. It had a very refreshing scent and worked well. I would buy the full size if I cam across it for a decent price.

8. Secret Clear Gel in Ooh-la-la lavender:
I received this from Bzzzagent and was skeptical about the scent. I usually hate all things lavender, but this scent was actually not overpowering and quite nice. It worked well and I have since repurchased (in another scent though!)


Face Products:


1. Origins High-Potency Night-A-Mins:
This night cream smells so nice (a light citrus scent) and is nice and thick. It left my skin feeling so hydrated. This is on my wishlist when I finish up a few other night creams that I have.

2. Origins Energy-boosting Moisturizer:
This has a stronger citrus smell, but it is still quite pleasant. It is a nice, light day cream and is also on my wishlist for when I finish up a few other day creams that I have.

3. Ole Henriksen Truth Serum:
I have gone through several of these and will continue to go through them. There feel so nice after a shower and soak quickly into my skin. It has vitamin C in it, which is supposed to be good for hyper-pigmentation. I have noticed that my skin is more even toned since I began using this. I usually stock up on these when they come in a set during black Friday sales or Boxing sales at Sephora.

4. Origins Modern Friction:
This is my least favorite Origins product that I have tried. I find it a bit harsh for my skin and ended up using it on my body instead of my face. It also doesn't have a great scent. I have a smaller sample to use up, but have no plans in buying the full size.

5. Lancome Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate:
Again, I don't find this serum to be anything special, it was okay but I am glad to finally be done my sample of this! Way over priced if you ask me.

6. Benefit It's Potent! Eye Cream:
This was okay as an eye cream, nothing special. I didn't find that it absorb quickly into my skin and only used it before bed, not under my make-up. I didn't see any great results with it. I have another sample still to use, but would not buy the full-size.

7. Korres Wild Rose 24-Hour Moisturizing & Brightening Cream:
This had a nice rosey scent. It wore well under make-up and did leave my skin feeling hydrated. This was my first product from the Korres line, and though I wasn't wowed by it, I wasn't disappointed either.

8. GlamGlow Youthmud Tinglefoliate Treatment:
I really like this mask. It makes my face look refreshed and it is great for exfoliating. I have repurchased the full-size at Winner's (it was on clearance for a great price!)

9. Bioderma Moisturizing Concentrate for Sensitive Very Dehydrated Skin:
This was okay, nothing special. It took a while to absorb into my skin. I won't be running out to buy the full-size.

10. Clarisonic Brush Head:
This is the head that came with my Clarisonic. I do think that the Clarisonic is a bit overrated, but it is also a nice luxury product to have. I have since used my Optimum Points to get a double pack at Shopper's Drug Mart.

11. Clarins Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil:
This was such a treat for my skin. It was an absolute luxury item. The smell is a bit strong, but it left my skin glowing. Definitely on my wish list!

12. Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream (x2):
These were amazing! They left my under-eyes looking de-puffed and glowing. This will be my go-to eye cream when I finish all of my samples!

13. Michael Todd Blue Green Alge Toner:
This left my face feeling refreshed and kept any break-outs in check. I still prefer the Cranberry one from this line.

14. Fresh. Rose Face Mask:
This took me a while to finish. It has a nice rose scent and is very gel like in consistency. It has a nice cooling effect on the face, but I didn't notice it doing much for my skin. I would not buy the full size.

15. Dirt. Purify + Glow Scrub:
This is a salt scrub that I used on my body. It is very abrasive, yet nourishing. I'm not sure where to buy this.

16. Elizabeth Arden Flawless Future Caplet Serum:
This was okay. The caplets kind of stayed on the bottom and didn't pop into the serum like they were supposed to. It absorbed quickly and left my skin feeling supple.


Cleansing Cloths:



1. Balea Cleansing Cloths:
These are my favorite! I have repurchased them many times and will continue doing so.

2. Garnier Cleansing Cloths:
These were okay. They were quite saturated but have a bit of a strong smell. They took off my make-up, though not my favorite.

3. Olay Fresh Effects Refreshing Make-Up Removal Cloths:
I found these to be quite dry. They didn't do a great job of removing my make-up. I would not repurchase.

4. Eyko Mascara Off Eye Make-up Remover Wipes:
These worked really well at removing my eye make-up. They dried up quite quickly though.


Dry Shampoos:


1. Psssst! Dry Shampoo (x2):
These worked quite well but definitely left a grey-cast in my hair. Okay on second-day hair, but nothing more. Not my fav.

2. Tresemme Volumizing Dry Shampoo:
This is a cheap, drug store alternative that is easy to find in a pinch. It works okay, but again not my fav.

3. Batiste Original Dry Shampoo:
This is my all-time favorite! It is amazing how long you can go without washing your hair! I need to buy more!

4. CO LAB Dry Shampoo in Rio Tropical:
I was excited to see this at Winners, but didn't fall in love with it like I was hoping to. I loved the scent, but it just didn't do enough for my hair. I would on repurchase this in a pinch.

Other Hair Products:


1. Clear Total Care Daily Conditioner:
This was okay, nothing special. It did a pretty good job at detangling my hair but left a film in my hair. Not my favorite.

2. John Frieda Root Awakening Shampoo for Normal Hair:
This kind of tingled my scalp and didn't do anything for the volume of my hair. It left my hair limp and dry. 

3. Herbal Essences Wild Natural Rejuvenating Shampoo & Conditioner:
I received these from BzzzAgent. They were nice and smelled great! They left my hair feeling somewhat moisturized, but very tangled. On the fence about purchasing the full-size.

4. Beaver Nutritive Repairing Shampoo & Conditioner:
I received these in a BirchBox. They left my hair feeling very dry and frizzy. I would not buy the full-size.

5. Living Proof Satin Hair Serum: 
I really liked this! It left my hair smooth and frizz free. It is an expensive product and I'm not sure that I can shell out the money for the full-size.

6. Kerastase Elixir Ultime:
This is nice, it left may hair silky, shiny and nourished. Again, a pricey product that I don't think I'll be splurging on.

7. Dove Pure Care Dry Oil :
This was just okay. It was nothing special. It had a nice scent, but I much prefer other hair oils.

8. Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle Leave in Conditioner:
I received this in my BirchBox and again, it smells amazing! It made my hair silky smooth and tangle free, I would love t get my hands on a full-size!


Make-up Products:


1. Make-up Forever Smoky Extravagant Mascara:
I received this as part of last year's Sephora Birthday set. The brush on this is kind of a large, cone-shaped brush and I really didn't like it. Not my favorite!

2. Pixi Lash Booster Mascara:
This is a bit mangled. It dried up quite quickly and didn't do much for volume or curl, but it did separate my lashes nicely. Not something that I would buy the full-size of.

3. Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Mascara:
I received this in a TopBox, another large, cone-shaped brush that I wasn't a fan of. It was an okay first layer mascara but nothing special for my lashes.

4. Guerlain Mascara:
I bought this for cheap off of Beyond the Rack. It was a really nice mascara for separating my lashes and giving them some definition. It didn't give them a ton of volume, but definitely a good everyday mascara. Also, look at the packaging, stunning! I would buy this again if I saw it on sale.

5. Jelly Pong Pong Fairy Lashes Mascara:
I received this in a TopBox and didn't really like it from the get-go. It didn't do much for my lashes at all.

6. The Body Shop Lychee Blossom Eau de Toilette:
I bought this a while ago, and I'm not even sure if they still make this scent. It was a nice everyday scent, not overpowering, just fresh. I would buy this again if I saw it.

7. Urban Decay All Nighter Make-up Setting Spray:
This does such a good job of setting or refreshing make-up. It is apply a bit too much powder, just a spray of this and my make-up looks flawless. It really is amazing. I have purchased another already!

8. Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in Eastend Snob:
This is one of my favorite lip liners (& the only one that I have ever used up!) It is a beautiful everyday shade for under a lipstick, on its own or under a gloss. I already have another one that I am working my way through!

9. Mereadesso Lip Treats:
This had a nice, sweet scent and made my lips feel so moisturized! It was a real treat! I would repurchase this i I saw it.

10. B. Kamins Bio-Maple Lip Balm:
I received this in a TopBox. It was okay. I used it before bed and it left my lips feeling nourished in the morning.Not something that I love, but not bad. I have one more sample of this that I am working through.

11. Benefit Posie Balm:
I received this sample in my TopBox. It was a tiny sample, but good. It had a floral smell to it that  didn't really enjoy. The texture of it was really nice, but the tint was almost non-existent. I would like to try the Bene-tint shade.

12. Benefit Coralista Blush:
I LOOOOOVE this blush! It is the perfect summer coral with a beautiful sheen. I have already purchased another!

13. Benefit Porefessional:
This is my favorite primer! It leaves my face looking poreless and feeling silky. It provides a great base for my foundation or BB cream! I have another sample to work through.

14. Tarte Smooth Operator Finishing Powder:
This took me a long time to use up. A little goes a long way! It did a great job setting my foundation. I really liked it! I may buy the full-size after I finish a few other samples that I have.

Foil Samples & Other:


1. Quo Konjac Sponge:
I really enjoyed using this. It was my first time using a konjac sponge and I found it really nice on my face. After a while, I did find that it started to break me out and tried to do the microwave cleansing trick, but I don't think it really worked. I would repurchase this again.

2. Montagne Jeunesse Passion Peel Off Mask:
This was a fun mask, it smelled delicious and peeled off nicely.It made my skin feel very clean. I would buy another.

3. Dead Sea Sheet Mask:
These are very saturated! They feel nice on the face and have kind of a cooling effect. I bought a multi-pack on clearance at Winners and would buy them again.

4. Eve Lom Cleanser:
This was a very thick, balm like cleanser. It did a great job of cleansing my face, but had an off-putting scent. Not something I would buy the full size of. 

5. Nivea in Shower Body Wash:
This was an intriguing product. I expected to really like it but I found that it made the tub really slippery and didn't really moisturize my skin enough to skip the after shower lotion. I wouldn't buy the full size.

No comments:

Post a Comment