Thursday, July 5, 2012

June GlossyBox Canada Review

This is my first GlossyBox and let's just say that my hopes were pretty high! Below is what I found inside my box.

 

Overall I was pretty happy. I received 4 full sized products and 3 sample sized products. I do have 3 problems with the contents of this box though. For starters, I enjoy samples, and order samples regularly from companies. I have already received samples for 3 of the products in this box. (the Venus razor, the Olay cream and the Neutogena SPF cream). I guess you can never go wrong with razors though, and the SPF is definitely a great a great size to stick in your purse, but I was expecting to try new products that I had never tried before....which leads me to my second complaint. GlossyBox is supposed to send you high-end product samples. Though I love affordable products, because they really are the products that I will most likely purchase, it's always nice to try new products that you could normally not afford to even try. All of these products, with the exclusion of the Wella hair product can be found in almost any drug store. Lastly, I love Cover Girl products, but the colour of the lip product that I received is hideous! I am very fair skinned and do well to pull off pinks, let alone a deep brown/bronze colour! I hate to throw away a new product, but I cannot think of anyone that would enjoy this colour.

Now to the positives! The box came very nicely packaged! The box itself can be reused or gifted, it really is cute! I have been at the beach 4 of the last 5 days and really love the Wella hair product. I've been using it before and after the beach! It is awesome! It really holds well and gives my hair volume! The Biore face cleanser is great too! It was full size, which is always a bonus! It has a nice, mild aroma and is great for my very sensitive, dry skin! Also, the box included a Biore Deep Cleaning Pore Strip. I have used these several years ago and wasn't overly impressed. I tried the one that I had received in my GlossyBox, having low expectations, and was amazed how how well they worked! I think the key is applying it after a shower and making sure you leave it on until it is completely dry. I was so impressed with this product, I went out an purchased a whole box!

So far, I am a bit uncertain if I am a fan or not of GlossyBox, I'm going to give it another try this month! I'll let you know how it goes!


If you want to try GlossyBox, use the code GLOSSY8 to save $1.50 on your first box!

No comments:

Post a Comment