Monday, July 16, 2012

Julep July It Girl Box Review


I received my July Julep Maven Box last week! My favorite mail days are Julep mail days! It's been really great weather here, so I have been a bit slack posting, but better late than never!

If you haven't signed up for Julep yet, use the code PENNY to get your Intro Package for $0.01 when you become a Julep Maven today! There are no catches, so no need to be skeptical! You can cancel after you receive your intro box, but most people fall in love with the products and continue with the subscription! I had intended to cancel, but am now hooked!

This month, I decided to switch from my Classic With a Twist Box, to the It Girl Box. This is the first time that I have switched styles. I was really on the fence this month between the It Girl Box and the Boho Glam Box, but decided to go with It Girl because of the beautiful colour Daphne (or so I thought....) Inside was as pictured below, plus an extra O Canada polish! The It Girl Box always contains an extra polish instead of a beauty product. I have fallen in love with Julep's beauty products! I'm hooked to their hand scrub, their SPF face & hand cream, their SPF lip balm and their best pedi creme ever! Anyways, no beauty product for me this month, so I was hoping the colours would be worth it!

So, this month I received Mila, Kate, Daphne & a Bonus O Canada. I may be the only one, but I am not a huge fan of glitter nail polish, so I have yet to try Mila or O Canada. I may break open the O Canada during the Olympics though! (GO CANADA GO!) I have tried Kate & Daphne though. I love Kate! It is a pearly white and is so beautiful! Not only is it great for French tips, it's also great by itself! This is my new go-to white! Though I was very disappointed with Daphne because she looks nothing like advertised, I tried her on today and she isn't as bad as I had initially thought. Though she really isn't as blue and vibrant, she would still make a nice spring or fall colour. I had e-mailed Julep about my concerns with Daphne and though it took them longer than usual to reply, they offered me a replacement polish. Julep's customer service is really outstanding. I cannot say enough about it! All in all, July's box wasn't my favorite, but it wasn't terrible either.

3 comments:

  1. I liked my July box the best by Julep so far but I think that's because I'm not the biggest polish person and I liked the lip gloss a lot :) I've been wearing the O Canada polish but I'm having os much trouble, I've put it on 3x so far and can't seem to keep it more than 24h without major chips on 4-8 fingers. I don't know why except that I suck with nail polish. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had have selected a different style in July, because I am kicking myself in the butt that I didn't receive one of the lip glosses that everyone seems to love! I am not a huge glitter person, so I haven't tried the O Canada yet, it shouldn't chip that easily though! have you put a base coat and top coat on with it?

      Delete
    2. Yes, I tried! You can see the post I did back then that shows a picture of how horrible it looked after just 2 days. I tried again with slightly better results but not enough to justify the effort it takes to remove the sparkly polish...

      Delete