Saturday, March 15, 2014

Empties!

Here are some of my most recent used up products with some reviews!
 

1. Gillette Satin Care Dry Skin: I like this product. I'm not too picky when it comes to shaving gel and usually do buy the Gillette brand. I didn't find that there were any added bonuses to the dry skin version and will be purchasing a scented version next time.

2. Dove Dry Shampoo: This dry shampoo has a very powerful scent that took me a while to get used to. The scent definitely lasts all day, so if you work somewhere that is scent-free try something else! It leaves minimal white residue and did a good job at making my hair appear clean. I will probably end up buying this again.

3/4. Batiste Dry Shampoo: This is my all time favorite dry shampoo. It dos leave white residue, but blends in nicely to my blond hair. I also like it because it makes my roots appear less harsh when my hair grows out a bit. The scent is nice. I prefer the original to the volume version. I have already repurchased the original.

5. Klorane Dry Shampoo: There was only enough in this LuxeBox sample to try once. It was okay, but I definitely prefer the Batiste.


6. The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter: I LOVE the Body Shop Body Butters! They are what get my dry skin through the harsh Canadian winters! This is a really nice scent! I already have a few other scents waiting to be used!

7. Aveda Caribbean Therapy Body Cream: The scent of this cream was a bit off-putting, but it kept my skin hydrated while traveling. Not something that I would purchase.

8. L'Oreal Re-Nutrition Intense Hair Mask: This mask smells SO GOOD! You only need to leave it in for 1-2 minutes, which is a lot less time than most hair masks. I really like this! And will re-purchase it in the future.

9. Macadamia Deep Repair Hair Mask: I looked for this forever and finally got it at Winner's. I really like it! You need to leave it in for 7 minutes, so it's not something that I have time for every time that I wash my hair, but it's a nice treat for my hair. It leaves my hair silky, tangle-free and shiny. I have already repurchased a larger tub at Winner's.


10. Cuccio Naturale Butter in Pomegranate & Fig: This TopBox sample has a light scent and a whipped texture. It was nice, but nothing special. I won't be re-purchasing this.

11. Benefit Porefessional: This is a fantastic face primer! It makes your skin look flawless. It feels like silicone but fills pores and helps to keep your make-up last longer. I already have 2 other deluxe samples of this to use up.

12. Ole Henriksen Truth Creme Advanced Hydration: I got this during the Black Friday sales at Sephora. It smells amazing and did a great job at hydrating my dry skin. It was the first product that I purchased from this brand and now I am hooked! I will be keeping an eye open for sales on this product, as it s quite pricey.

13. L'occitane Immortale Presious Eye Balm: I loved this eye cream! It lasted me quite a while and let my under eyes feeling very hydrated. I'm still looking for a Holy Grail status eye cream. Right now I have other samples that I am trying.

14. Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation in Porcelain Ivory: This is my all time favorite foundation! I use this with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush and it is a dream! This blends nicely, doesn't draw attention to my dry patches, provides good coverage and leaves my face matte all day. I can't say enough good things about his foundation! I have already repurchased this!

15. Cover FX CC Cream: This sample was okay. It has a very dewy, almost oil finish. It left me feeling quite oily. The colour didn't blend into my fair skin well and left me a bit orange. It wasn't for me.

16. Clinique High Impact Mascara: This TopBox sample was nice. I like the wand on it. It is not the most intense black, but was a perfect first coat mascara to separate and lengthen the lashes. I have so many mascara samples to use up that I won't be re-purchasing this.

17. Maybelline Line Stiletto Liquid Eye Liner: This is nice, again not an intense black. The applicator is very flimsy. I probably won't re-purchase this.

18. Benefit They're Real Mascara (2): I was sad to see these guys go! This is my all time favorite mascara! the wand is amazing and the colour is a very intense black! It lengthens, separates and adds volume! I will be re-purchasing this when I finish up my other samples!

 
20. La Fresh Make-up Remover Wipes (2): I did not like these. I found that you really needed to rub at my skin, as they were not damp enough. I will no buy these, I enjoy my Balea brand from Shopper's Drug Mart.
 
21. Nars Tinted Moisturizer: This was waaaaaaaaaay too dark for me! It is tinted all right! I used a little bit and turned into an oompa loompa! I have to wash my face as I looked ridiculous! I would never buy this!
 
22. Benefit It's Potent Eye Cream: I loved this eye cream! I am currently on the hunt for a larger sample to try, before I bite the bullet and buy the full size.
 
23. Nude Progenius Face Oil: A little bit will do ya! The first night that I applied this, I used to much! The tiniest amount is nice, but I don't understand all of the hype about this product. I mush prefer serums to oils. I will not be re-purchasing.
 
I used up a lot of products recently! I am so proud of myself for making a dent in my stash! I'm not on a no-buy, but I am definitely limiting myself. I need to get through all of my samples and products that I have hiding around my house. Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment