Tuesday, October 30, 2012

October Glossy Box Canada

My GlossyBox came today! Yay! I was very curious to open it because of the price change. For those of you who don't know, Glossy Box went from $15/month to $21/month, quite a jump! This month I got mine for $15 because I have been a subscriber for a while. If I stick with it, next month my bill will change to the $21/month fee. Let's see how convincing this box is!

Here's a peek inside! My Box is V2.



Inside were the following items:
  1.  A 5mL sample of Jouviance Rejuvenating Anti-Aging Cream (Normal-Dry Skin) - $9.83
  2. A FULL SIZE Modelco Flipstick Duo - $38.75
  3. A FULL SIZE Zoya Nail Polish in Emme - $8.00
  4. A 50ml sample of Sebastian Professional Trilliance Shampoo - $3.16
  5. A 50ml sample of Sebastian Professional Trilliance Conditioner- $3.39
  6. A FULL SIZE Gillette Venus & Olay Razor- $16.99
Total Value of Products:  $80.12
(The price values reflect the product sizes that I received in my GlossyBox and their pricing.)

*The box also contained a coupon for FREE Satin Care shave gel with the purchase of any Venus cartridge & a code for 10% off any purchase at www.bijouxneron.com. The code is GB10.

Overall, I'm pleased with the value of the box, however I'm not overly excited about anything. I have received razors & Zoya polish in previous Glossy Boxes. I feel like they are repeating themselves. I still consider myself to be quite young and don't really see the need for anti-aging cream. My other problem with this box is that they were advertising it to be a Breast Cancer Awareness themed box. Yes, the lip duo & nail polish were both shades of pink, but other than that there was nothing that stood out. Not one product had the awareness ribbon on it. I don't think they pulled off the theme well at all.

I'm still undecided whether to cancel my subscription or not. a $6 increase is a lot. I have also recently gotten off the TopBox waiting list and am excited to try it for only $12/month! (an increase from $10 before). I'll be sure to let you know how I like TopBox & how it compares to GlossyBox. I have to say, to me it seems like every second GlossyBox impresses me & I have had great experience dealing with their customer service, I'm really still on the fence here! What are you planning to do?

If you want to try GlossyBox, use the code GLOSSY50 to save $1.50 on your first box!

No comments:

Post a Comment